This Tasty Chocolate Brownie recipe was from You magazine, published with the Daily Mail. I did make some changes, like substituting regular organic milk for almond milk and using ¼ tsp almond extract. I also substituted 1/2 tsp vanilla extract for the vanilla seeds. For variation, when cooled - try icing with chocolate icing and topping with halved walnuts. Wicked!!!!
- Oil for greasing
- 75g (3oz) oats
- 200g (7oz) dried dates, pitted
- 125g (4 ½ oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 75g (3oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 180c (fan 160c) 350f, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line an 18cm (7in) square baking tin with parchment/wax paper and set aside.
- Put the oats in a food processor and blitz until they become a powder or fine flour. Add dates, butter, cocoa powder, milk, eggs, baking powder and vanilla seeds and process until the mixture is smooth and fudgy.
- Spoon the brownie mix into the baking tin smoothing the top evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until firm on top but a little soft in centre
- Once cooked, remove from oven and leave to cool. Cut into nine squares and serve.
Hope you enjoy! Click here to check out my new recipe page regularly for more of my favourite dishes and desserts - there's a great Beetroot Burger recipe there for you to try. I will be adding more recipes soon.