After many requests I have decided to set up a recipe page and share with you some of my favourite foodie finds that are to only good for you but which taste divine too! Here is a Beetroot Burger recipe - I discovered this in the Daily Mail. The first time I made it EXACTLY like the recipe. It will make 4 patties.
The second time I made the burgers, I tripled the recipe and left out the cannallini beans, added 2 more eggs, more bread crumbs, and feta cheese. I did not sauté the onions and spices, first. In that case it’s better to use ground cumin and garlic powder. It made 9-10 nicely sized burger patties.
The texture should be like minced meat - if not add more binding ingredients. I’ve found the combination of cumin and nigella gives it a meaty-like flavour. Don’t leave either spice out!
- 2 large whole beetroots, RAW and grated
- 1- 400g tin of cannallini beans blended to a paste
- 100g breadcrumbs (I used dry and not fresh)
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- Olive oil or any oil of your choosing
- Add onion and garlic to a hot pan of oil and soften for 5 minutes
- Add Nigella seeds, cumin, parsley and chilli and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add beetroot, breadcrumbs, beans, egg, and onion mixture to a large bowl and mix with your hands.
- Form into four round patties and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Brush patties with oil and grill for 10 minutes on each side.
Hope you enjoy! Click here to check out my new recipe page regularly for more of my favourite dishes and desserts - there's a great Chocolate Brownie recipe for you to try which will be great for a little Christmas treat. I will be adding more recipes soon.